Sighting Search Bar¶
Look for the button that says SIGHTINGS on the top of the page. To search for a sighting, simply type in the location, the owner or the guid, and hit enter on your keyboard to search for sightings that match your description.
On the search bar, an Explore sightings option will show up, when you click on it, you will be directed to the Explore sightings page. There is a side menu on the left side of the page that says Filters, where you can input specific details about a sighting, such as region and date.
The rest of the page displays a table of Matching sightings, which are recorded sightings that match your search results. On the right-hand side of the page is a cloud-shaped icon with an arrow in the center. You can click on this to download the displayed data. It will be exported in an excel document, proving a table of all the displayed information.
By default, the Matching sightings table displays the columns:
- Time of Sighting: shows the month, date, and year the sighting took place.
- Region: the location where the sighting occurred.
- Reporter: the name of the user who reported the sighting. You can click on the reporterÕs name to visit their profile page, which shows their metadata, pending sightings, sightings, and collaborations.
- Creation Date: the year, month, date, and exact time the sighting was logged.
- Actions: a button link you can click on to take a page containing details for each sighting. This page displays photographs, metadata, and the identification pipeline status.
Click on the three lines icon to either check or uncheck the boxes, depending on if you want the columns displayed or not.
Individual Search Bar¶
On the black banner running along the top of any page, is a gray search bar labeled INDIVIDUALS. Click in the bar to search for an individual, by typing in either their Name or guid. Hit enter on your keyboard to bring up a list of individuals that match your search.
On the search bar, click Explore individuals to be taken to that page. There is a side menu on the left side of the page that says Filters, where you can input specific details about individuals, such as their name, sex, and sighting date.
The rest of the page displays a table of Matching individuals, which are individual records that match your search results. On the right-hand side of the page is a cloud icon with an arrow inside, which you can click on to download the displayed data. It will be exported in an excel format, proving a table of all the displayed information. By default, the Matching individuals table displays the columns:
- Name: the main, identifiable name of the individual. You can click the name of an individual to visit their profile page which displays their photos, metadata, sightings, relationships, and social groups
- Last Seen: the month, date, and year the individual was last seen
- Species: the species of the individual
- Sighting Count: the total number of times an individual has been spotted
- Creation Date: the month, date, year, and exact time the profile for that individual was created
- Adoption Name: a nickname given to the individual, which can be different from the name