Merging individuals from the Individual Overview page¶
- Look for the 3-dot menu on the top right corner of the individual’s page.
- In the drop-down menu select Merge with another individual.
- In the search field, type the name or GUID of another individual you want to merge your individual with, then click the Search button.
- Select an individual from the results, then click the Continue button.
- You will be routed to the Merge individuals page where you can see information about both the individuals you are merging.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the First name menu and select the Individual you want to retain.
- Click the Sex menu and select the same individual.
- Click the Merge Individuals button to submit the changes.
Merging individuals from the Sighting Overview page¶
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Sighting Overview page and click the View Match Results button under the Identification heading in the Identification pipeline status section.
- You will be routed to the Review match candidates page. Check the Selected match candidate on the right is the right one you want to merge with your individual on the left. Details are provided for each individual.
- If it is not the correct match candidate, you can view others in the Candidate annotations table below where candidates are listed in ranked order.
- To view information about their sightings, scroll to the right of the box and click the arrow View icon next to the Filename.
- Select the Individual you want to merge your individual with so its information auto-populates the Selected match candidate section.
- Once the information is correct, click the Confirm Match button on the bottom right corner of the page.
If you do not have edit access to a sighting for both individuals, all stakeholders with access to the data will receive a notification about the potential merge. Any stakeholder can deny the merge, but if no one does, it gets denied automatically after two weeks.