- Click on the drop-down icon on the top-right corner of your Codex user page.
- Select Control panel.
- If you have an admin account, select MANAGE USERS.
Creating a New User¶
- Fill out the Email Address, Password, and Roles fields.
- Choose a unique email address.
- There are no minimum requirements for a password, but the provided password needs to be changed after logging in for the first time.
- Check the user roles below.
- Contributor - users that are limited to only submit Sightings
- Researcher - users that can manage their own data Sightings and Individuals and collaborations\, match and merge individuals\, and search
- User Manager - users that can create and edit users, and manage user collaborations
- Exporter - users that can export all the data they own and collaborate with
- Administrator - users that can manage data and configure the Codex platform they belong to
- To search for a particular user, click the search icon (three horizontal lines) on the Edit Users section of the page.
- Modify user information by selecting the edit icon (pen) next to their user information.
- You can update their Email address, Full name, and Roles.
- Click SAVE to submit all the changes.
Note: Make sure to remove all roles associated with the user account you want to disable and change their password. We recommend disabling over deleting a user account if their data is trusted.
- On the Manage users page, select the delete icon (trash can) of the user whose account you want to deactivate.
- Enter the password.
- Select DEACTIVATE USER.
Collaborations provide you with access to either View or Edit another user’s data.
Under the Create Collaborations section, you can select two users from the drop-down menus. Click the green CREATE COLLABORATION button to form a collaboration with the selected users.
The collaborations table displays all the existing collaborations. To edit an existing collaboration, Click the Pencil icon under Actions on the collaborations table. From here, you can change the user’s current access state to either View or Edit.
To revoke an existing collaboration, click the Prohibitory symbol under Actions on the collaborations table. This will delete the collaboration.