Sighting Overview tab¶
On the Sighting Page is where you will see the recorded information about a sighting of an Individual, such as the date, owner, and representative image of an Animal or Individual.
To visit the User Profile of who reported the Sighting, simply click on their username on the top of the page.
Across the Representative Image of the sighting is a 3-dot menu hat will allow you to perform the following actions:
- Mark sightings reviewed
This is to indicate that the sighting is validated already. A pop-up window will appear to prompt if you’re sure you want to mark the sighting as reviewed. There’s also a reminder that once the Mark sighting reviewed button is selected, the action cannot be undone.
- Re-run iIdentification
This option is to provide users to Re-run identification for the sightings to use different options, such as Algorithms and Region. Click the link then either of the drop-down menus to select different options.
- Delete Sighting
Deleting a Sighting will delete all data associated with it. This action is irreversible.
On the upper left corner of the page is the Representative image of the animal featured in this Sighting Page.
Changing Representative Image¶
- If you have more than one image of a Sighting, you can change the Representative Image by selecting the current photo.
- A pop-up window will appear with all the images you have for the Sighting.
- Select the one that you prefer.
- Click the Submit button to change the Representative Image successfully.
In this section of the page is where you can view and edit the following information about a Sighting:
- Time of Sighting
- Freeform location
- Exact location
Additional custom fields can be edited here too. These include:
- Bush type* Cloud cover Count of thick bushes *Distance to nearest zebra
Identification Pipeline Status¶
This displays the status of the Animal and the completion date for each stage.
- Sighting Submission
This displays the date the sighting was uploaded to the Codex’s database.
- Sighting Preparation
Displays the date of the sightings and how many images were uploaded for identification.
- Animal Detection
This shows the date that Codex automatically find and annotate the Animal/s from the images you uploaded. The date when image detection was completed will be available here as well.
- Sighting Curation
This is where a user will help annotate the photos manually if there are multiple animals in one image.
An Identification finished message will be displayed once an Animal is successfully identified.
An Identification skipped message will be displayed if there are no images on the database that matched the Animal/s on the images you uploaded.
All the images uploaded in the Sighting are found on this section of the Sighting page.
- Click the 3-dot menu on the image you want to add an annotation to.
- Click the Add annotation button.
- You will be directed to another page where you can add annotations by dragging the corners of the blue square to the part of the image you want to annotate.
- Click the Viewpoint below the image. Hit the Dropdown icon to select the side of the animal that is shown on your new annotation.
- Under Viewpoint, click Annotation class to categorize the animal in the image.
- Click Save on the lower right corner of the screen to submit all the changes you made.
This is where you’ll see all the annotations on each image, whether it’s single or multiple annotations. You can also delete previous annotations by selecting the 3-dot menu in the top right corner of every image.
This part of the Sightings page is where the curation is recorded.
- To add unassigned annotations to the animal, simply click the + sign on the top right corner of the animal section.
- You can move an existing annotation by selecting clicking the 3-dot menu on the top right corner of each image.
To add an animal, simply click the + button at the bottom of the page.
Identify Button Menu¶
This is where you can view identification results via the Match page.
Create New Individual¶
- Select the green Identify button on the image of the Animal you want to make into an individual.
- Select Create new individual.
- You will be directed to a page where you’ll see the Sighting information of the animal you want to add as an Individual.
- Fill in the information fields under Metadata, such as First name, Adoption name, and Sex.
- Click the Create Individual button to submit all the changes.
Manually Assigning an Animal to an Existing Individual¶
- Click the green Identify button on the image of the Animal you want to manually add to an existing individual.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can search for an Individual by its name or guid.
- Click the Search button.
- Select the Individual you want to assign the animal to.
- Click the Assign Animal to submit all the changes.
- On the Animals tab, delete an Animal by selecting clicking the 3-dot menu next to the Identify button.
- A pop-up window will appear to prompt you if you’re sure you want to delete the Animal.
- Click the Delete button.
- Deleting an animal is irreversible, and all the metadata related will be deleted as well.
This section of the page is where you can view and edit the following information:
- Time of sighting
- Exact location
- Freeform location
- Direction to group
- Distance to group
- Female reproductive status
- Life stage
- Living status
- Male reproductive status
Each of this information can be customized by filling out the spaces next to them. Don’t forget to submit the changes by clicking the Save button on the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.